Monday, November 25, 2019

Film blog, the first day filming at the beach

       Hey, it's Aniyah again! On the first day of filming, my group and I met at the beach to film our music video. We met at Hollywood Beach. When we got there it started to rain a lot. We couldn't film at first because we didn't want to get the equipment went. The rain ruined the background we wanted to get for our music video. We wanted to have a nice and sunny day filled with people having fun in the background to match the theme of the song. Even though the rain eventually cleared up, it was still very cloudy and gloomy outside. I am currently injured, so I can't do everything we planned to do as a group.

       Because I'm injured I am limited to do stuff, which is very upsetting. Luckily, my group was there to comfort me and let me know that everything would be okay. I didn't get to be in the video, but I was able to help with recording. It was not easy recording, because the lighting was not the best and it did not help give off summer vibes. We did not get all the good footage that we wanted to get. We still took some footage, just in case if another interruption happens and we are not able to get good film again. We also did not have a tripod, so that did not make the process any easier. We couldn't get the steady pan shots we needed for our music video. Without the tripod, we also couldn't get steady tilts like we wanted for the video. That is okay, because we adapted with what we could work with and we adapted well.

      I am very happy with myself, because of how much my filming skills have improved since the commercial project. Doing these projects is helping me remember the names of different shots, angles, and movements. It has helped me how to execute certain shots and angles properly. Because of this I was able to get some footage with really good angles. Even with the lighting being not that great, my improved angle skills have improved that. We are planning to meet again next weekend to get better footage for our music video. Hopefully it does not rain again causing the sky to be cloudy. If it does we are in the works of coming up with another backup plan. I will have more information in the next blog. Thanks for reading and blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment