Friday, January 17, 2020

The Start of the Final Task

     Hello, world it's Aniyah! It has been a while since I have made a blog, so let me give you some insight into who I am. I am a proud Haitian, who loves the color blue, I run Track and Field, and I play Lacrosse. AICE Media Studies is one of my favorite classes because I find it enjoyable to learn more about the film industry. What I learn in this class will really help me towards my dream of becoming a successful screenwriter. We work on many projects that help us learn more about the different aspects of filming. Previously, we worked on a music video and now we are at the start of our last project. In this project, we are making a two min movie, with an ending that will leave the audience wondering what happens next. I am very anxious for this project because this will give me chance to exercise my creativity and test out my filming skills. For this project, I am going to be working with my same group members: Lily and Stephanie.

        I chose to work with them again because I have realized that we all work really well  together. Within each project we have consistently shown great progress. We always hep each other out and we always have each others back. So, with this project I trust that we will do a tremendously great job with this final project. Additionally, I have learned many things along my journey in mt AICE Media Studies class.  I have learned there is a lot more to movies, music videos,  and commercials than just the cast and the cameras. There are many steps and procedures that need to be completed in order to make a great film. I learned about all the different film shots, angles, and movements. I figured out when to use certain shots and angles and when not to use them. I have gained the understanding of the basic things to know about a digital camera and a tripod.

      The first step to this project is to have an idea of what we want the movie to be about and how we are going to leave the audience in confusion. My group are working on coming up with a pitch. A pitch is a Hollywood term used to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. Usually with one sentence. So far, my group and I have come up with 3 pitches:

  • A rebellious daughter, who is not very nice to people, lives with her dad, but her wealthy mom decides to come back into her life and the girls decides to live with her mom. Suddenly, the girl disappears. Who did it?
  • A mean person, who lives in a nice neighborhood,  treats no one nicely. One day a scary ghost comes along and puts a curse on that person. Something tragic happens to that person. What happened?
  • A woman cheats on her husband and exposes her best friend's big secret. The woman suddenly dies, who did it? 
Thanks for reading my blog! I can not wait until you read what is next! Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment