Monday, October 14, 2019

AICE media editing lecture

       Hello world! Today's lecture was very interesting and I definitely learned a lot today. First, I learned how to use a tripod and a camera (not a phone camera, an actual camera). I already had a little bit of knowledge because I watch a lot of YouTube. But, today's lecture revealed to me the world of editing detail. I learned how to set up a tripod and how a camera works. I was very interested because I never knew there was more to a camera than just recording and taking pictures. After that I learned how to edit for my commercial project. We are going to edit on Pinnacle Studio. At first I was confused because I never knew what Pinnacle Studio was but I was eager to find out. Pinnacle Studio is very similar to iMovie, so I had some knowledge of what was taught. I learned how to insert my SD card into the computer and how to dump in all my footage. My teacher was very detailed and descriptive, which helped me understand the instructions easily.

    After that, I learned how to import the shots from my commercial that I want to use. At this moment, we were getting to the actual editing part of the lecture. There are three AV tracks on Pinnacle Studio. AV Track 1 is where we can put the title. There are many things you can do with your title. You can choose how you want your want your title to appear, how you want your title to look, and where you want your tile to appear. On AV Track 2 is where you build and edit your footage. This allows you to add effects and transitions to your commercial. AV Track 3 is where you can add music and sounds in your footage. I love all of these things you can do on Pinnacle Studio especially on AV Track 3. I am a very visual person, so I adore seeing things come to life through color, acting, and different edits. So I am very excited to jump into the editing process of my commercial. I am also very excited for the filming process. Because there is running involved in my commercial and we are going to have to do many takes, I know I am going to be very tired but I am going to enjoy it at the same time.

    Later, I learned how to save and export after editing my raw footage. The save and export seems like a very simple process. My teacher explained it very well so I most likely should not mess up on this part. She taught us how to render everything. She also taught us how go back and watch our commercial to make sure everything was completely rendered. The whole process of editing, importing, and exporting seems very simple. I am saying that now, but later I will probably take that back. I do not think it will be too bad because I believe my group and I will be handle making the commercial. My group seems very focused and determined on this project, so I have a lot of faith n them to be just as cooperative as I am. Today's class was a very interesting. Thanks for reading and "blog" you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment