Friday, October 25, 2019

AICE Media Filming Day!!

     Hey world it's Aniyah! October 24, 2019 was finally filming day, the day I have been so ecstatic to come. That day was hectic but exiting at the same time. My group and I came completely prepared for filming our commercial. We brought all of our necessities for the commercial including props and outfits. We were ready to take as many shots as we needed and get the filming process done nice and smoothly. But, there were many bumps in the road and a few things went south. My group and I got all the stuff we needed, checked out a camera and a tripod, and headed straight to the field to start filming. When we were setting up the tripod and the camera, we were having trouble connecting the camera to the tripod, so we asked another group to help us out. It took us a while to realize the tripod we checked out was missing a piece to connect the camera to it. We lost some time to film, because my friend Stephanie had to run back to the classroom and get another tripod, while Lily and I took the time to learn more about each other and become closer as friends. Stephanie finally arrived with a new tripod and we were eager and ready to begin filming. Lily and I got into position and we set up some of the props where they needed to be, little did we know the camera was about die.

        We tried to work with our dying camera and some shots in but as soon as Stephanie hit record the camera died. Lily and I volunteered to run back to the classroom and get another camera to give Stephanie some time to rest. At that point we definitely knew we were going to have very little time to film. By the time Lily and I got back to the track it was about 12:10 and we had to head back to the classroom by 12:45, so we had to use that short period of time to get in as many takes as we could. My group got some time on Monday to film but that means we have to use that to film and edit. That is going to be a very hectic day, but I believe my group and I have this in the bag. After we set up everything again, we were finally able to begin filming. The first take was of  Lily and I running a curve around the track. I was getting very sweaty and tired  because we had to do many takes and it was very hot outside, but being an athlete I have learned how to build up my stamina. The second shout was of Lily getting exhausted, running off the field, and fainting on the high jump mat. We had to do many takes of this, because we could not stop laughing especially Lily. There was a point in the commercial where I have to say "Oh no!" I tried to say it in a funny voice to add comedy to the commercial, but that was the cause to us laughing nonstop.


After we were able to get all of our giggles out, we continued to the take where I give Lily the Gatorade. We were laughing a lot in this part of the process too, but not as much as we were before. It went smoothly, until I checked the time and it was 12:41. We rushed and finished what we were doing. Lily and I went to the bathroom and got changed into our other clothes, while Stephanie went back to the classroom to return the camera and the tripod. Lily and I were so sweaty and we forgot basic necessities for after filming: lotion, deodorant, and perfume. But we improvised and worked with what we had. The period was almost over and one of us had to stay and dump all of our footage into the computer. Stephanie volunteered to stay and do the dumping process and I had her back told our teacher that she wasn't absent, because we had the next period together. The day was very hectic, but I enjoyed every second especially since I got to spend the day with my team. Thanks for reading and "blog" you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment